Welcome to the build2learn repository.
The github page for this can be found here
The purpose of this repository is to provide a resource for documentation and source code for the build2learn session(s) at Pascal PDX.
The general idea of these sessions is to take several categories of tools, analyze their functionality, and re-implement them using your language of choice.
The goal is not to present a tutorial. The goal is to have discussion around the the process of breaking the problem down into specific use cases and requirements. Tasks that can be more easily implemented.
The core goal of programming is problem solving, the aim here is to facilitate and encourage this skill.
There will be a focus on performing code review and encouraging peoples to demo their progress to the group.
The purpose of Session_0:
- Help individuals setup their development environment
- Make sure that the git workflow is well understood
- Help with a language selection
- Help users install git for their operating system
- Help users create a github account and setup git to use it
- Help users decide which language they will use
- Help users install language and tooling (if needed)
- Help users install text editor and discuss the merits of different options
The goal is to meet once every two weeks were we will discuss and demo our progress, Ask for assistance and help each other.